The Best Medifast Flavors On Popular Medifast Foods

I often hear from people who are trying to decide which foods to order in their Medifast package. To that end, many ask me questions like "what are the best or most popular Medifast flavors?" Well, the answer to this question is going to depend on which foods you are talking about. In the following article, I'll tell you my favorite flavors on many of this diet's popular meals.

The Best Medifast Shake Flavors: I really like all of the shake flavors and I wouldn't turn down any of them, but if I had to pick my top three, they would be the Swiss Mocha, the French Vanilla, and the banana creme. Don't get me wrong. The dutch chocolate and strawberry are both very nice. But to me, the Swiss mocha has a more smooth flavor and I prefer the favor of banana over strawberry. The vanilla is a nice classic flavor that reminds me of ice cream.

The Best Medifast Bar Flavors: There are really two types of bars: the crunch and the maintenance. Because you can only have one maintenance bar each day, you'll likely be eating more of the crunch bars. My favorite three crunch bar flavors are the peanut butter crunch, the chocolate mint, and the caramel crunch (with the lemon meringue a very close 4th.) My favorite maintenance bar flavors are (in order:) the caramel nut; the chocolate mint; and the oatmeal raisin.

Popular Flavors On The Medifast Oatmeal: From participating in forums and communications on my blog, if I had to guess the most popular flavor on the oatmeal, I would suspect that it's the blueberry, followed by peach, and then followed by the apple cinnamon, but all of the flavors are quite good.

Eggs: There are three flavors of eggs: the southwest; the scrambled; and the original with egg whites. I like the southwest the best followed by the scrambled.

Pancakes: There are only two types of pancakes (chocolate chip and original.) I (and I suspect many others) prefer the chocolate chip although both are good.

Ice Cream / Soft Serve Flavors: The ice cream is a recent (and very popular) addition to the menu. Many people rave about the coffee ice cream. It's quite good, but my favorite is the chocolate mint and the peanut butter. I'm not as fond of the mango as the other three.

Pudding: There are three flavors here (chocolate, vanilla, and banana.) If I had to choose my favorite, it would probably be the banana although I use the chocolate quite a bit as a base for baked goods. All three are quite good and versatile.

Soups: There are eight flavors for the soups: beef vegetable stew; chicken and wild rice; chicken noodle; home style chili; cream of broccoli; cream of chicken; cream of tomato; and Maryland crab. Of these, my favorites are the chili, the chicken noodle, and the chicken and wild rice. I also like the vegetable beef. I don't like sea food so I haven't eaten much of the crab. I regularly use the cream based soups to make sauces for other meals.

Pretzels / Cheese Puffs: There are two flavors of pretzels (cinnamon and honey mustard.) Both are quite goods, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the cinnamon. The cheese puffs come in chili nacho cheese and Parmesan cheese. (The chili nacho are great on top of the chili, but if I'm eating them straight, I like the Parmesan a tiny bit better.)

Brownies: The brownies only come in one flavor (chocolate) although there are some chocolate chips sprinkled on top. These are very good even though there's not as much variety.

Cold Drink Flavors: There are two types of Medifast drinks offered (hot and cold.) In the cold drink category, there is cranberry mango, peach iced tea, raspberry iced tea, and a tropical punch fruit drink. My favorites among these are the peach iced tea and the fruit punch.

Flavors On Medifast Hot Drinks: I really like the hot drinks and have one every morning. The choices are cappuccino, hot chocolate, and chai latte. It's impossible for me to choose between the cappuccino and the hot chocolate so I often mix half a packet of each together, but I like the latte also.